Monday 7 January 2013

Pulp Miniatures Freakish Flunky


I finished another of Mubaris' figures this evening.  When we discussed how he wanted them painted he specified that he didn't want this model to be bare chested and I suggested I could paint a t-shirt on.  I toyed with the idea of painting tattoos or hairs on his arms and giving him 5 o'clock shadow but in the end just went with a clean straight forward approach.

I thought the white t-shirt and blue jeans would be quite appropriate and would let him be used for games ranging from the 1920s right up to the modern day, also I can always add tattoos or stubble later if Mubaris wants them.

The newspaper in the gutter is actually a scale print out of a real 1935 New York Times front page I found on Google images, rolled up and washed with black and brown it looks like a discarded paper and adds some interest to the base.

Now the base was good and bad.  I really like how it looks and it works well with the model but a tiny air bubble opened up by his right foot in the final stages of painting, ideally I would fill it and repaint the area but as its so tiny and its on a curb stone I don't think its a particular necessity.  I'll let Mubaris decide if he's bothered by it.

Tomorrow i'll start working on the (Not) Indiana Jones figure.




No comments:

Post a Comment