Tuesday 16 September 2014

Bones Oswald the Overladen




Have you ever had a real look at your Dungeons & Dragons character's equipment list?  The spare sword, the two winter blankets, the cooking pot, half a dozen torches and a lantern, all those extras that every self respecting Adventurer (aka Mobile Murder Machine) needs to survive in style?

Well if you have you might want your very own Hireling to follow along after you carrying your possessions, who knows he could do your laundry and cook your meals too if you needed him to. 

With that in mind i've painted my latest Bones Miniature, Oswald the Overburdened.  I used to have a Citadel miniature similar to this one many years ago who was holding a torch and even had a kitchen sink tied to the top of his pack, I might have to see if I can get another.  I rather like the idea of my adventurering party being followed around by a gaggle of peasants like in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Anyway, painting wise he was fairly straightforward, individually each part of the model is simple but the sheer volume of different items to paint really put a strain on my pallette.  I only have so many browns afterall and this fella has a ton of pouches, barrels, wooden handles etc.  Overall i'm happy with him, I hope you like him too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment